All the Deputy Labour Commissioners, Assistant Labour Commissioners and Labour Officers are acting as authorities exclusively dealing quasi-judicial functions under the labour enactments given below:-
- Workmens' Compensation Act.
- Payment of Gratuity Act.
- Madhya Pradesh Shops and Establishments Act.
- Claims under Minimum Wages Act.
- Equal Remunerations Act
- Beedi and Cigar Workes Act,
- Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Act
The Dy. Labour Commissioners are functioning as Appellate Authorities under Payment of Gratuity Act, Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Act etc. The Labour Officers are the controlling authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act, Conciliation Officer under the Industrial Relations & Industrial Disputes Act and Cess Assessing Officer under Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess Act besides carrying out other functions.